Tahoe Blue Estate is one of the most amazing private estate wedding locations in all of the Tahoe Basin. This private home is located on the top of Kingsbury Grade in Stateline Nevada. It hovers above the casinos in South Lake Tahoe, which you have views of from the property. The estate was built in 1992 for the original owner Charlie Ray, founder of Sea Ray Boats. The home is located on top of bluff surround by giant granite boulders over looking Lake Tahoe. There are breathtaking views of the lake from almost every room and deck through out the house. The estate is located just about a 2 miles from the Stagecoach lodge and ski lift at Heavenly Ski Resort and the Tahoe Rim Trail. The casinos and restaurants are just a short drive down Kingsbury Grade. But with all the estate has to offer like a game room, spa, sauna, two bars and endless views of the Lake Tahoe there’s really no reason for you to ever have to leave this property other than to go home after your amazing wedding celebration or vacation.
Once you rent this location for your wedding date you instantly have access to the whole mansion that sleeps 22 people. So picking out a room to get ready in might be a little tuff. Most brides pick the master suite to get ready in, which over looks the crystal clear waters of Tahoe. The master bedroom also has a master bathroom that’s bigger than some of the rooms in the house, which is great for your hair and makeup artist. One of the many perks of having your wedding at a house is that most of your guest and family can stay and get ready here. This creates less running around and stress on your special day.
Ceremonies can take place in a couple locations through out the estate’s property. The first one is the outdoor top floor house deck, which is geared towards smaller weddings. Most wedding ceremonies will take place on the rocky landscaped terraced backyard that feels like your on the edge of a mountain top. This location and view is the main reason why couple’s fall in love with this wedding venue and book it for their big day. No pictures of this spot will ever do it justice. This is truly one location that you have to see with your own eyes in order to grasp the true beauty of this special place. Every time I photograph an event here I always catch myself staring out at the views. The last location for a ceremony at the estate is inside the main living room, which has beautiful views of the lake and mountains. With this the venue is able to host weddings year around.
Once your ceremony is over your guest will be able to enjoy cocktail hour in and around the house. During this time you’ll be able to take advantage of the views and have your photographer create some epic wedding pictures of the two of you. If you time it just right or go back out during your reception you’ll be able have more pictures take at sunset, which is a must when getting married in Tahoe.
After the sun goes down the rest of your reception events will take place in the massive estate. Most dinners take place on the top floor in the dinning area on the giant dinning room table. For bigger weddings dinner can take place downstairs in the game room. The game room at some point during the night turns into the dance floor and party room. Your DJ will be able to set up in this room to blast your favorite songs all night long. This room also comes equipped with a built in bar area for serving your family and friends drinks through out your reception and wedding day.
Tahoe Blue Estate has to be one of the premier private estate and elopement wedding venues in all of Lake Tahoe. This private home is geared towards smaller intimate weddings or elopements. I think that’s what makes this location so special for a couple’s wedding events. If you’re looking for a smaller wedding venue in the Tahoe area than look no further than Tahoe Blue Estate. I’m pretty sure that once you see this venue you’ll book it on the spot.
Here are my top two reasons that you should host your wedding or elopement at Tahoe Blue Estate.
- My big number one reason that you should get married here is the location. This private estate has one of the most unique locations in all of Tahoe. The views that this mountain top mansion has is just jaw dropping amazing. It almost seems surreal that you can actually get married here. The ceremony site sits at the edge of the mountain and gives you views of all of South Lake Tahoe and almost the whole lake. By being nestled in the forest it makes you feel like you’re the only people on this mountain top get away. As stated above this is truly one of those locations that you have to see for yourself with your own eyes to see and feel the true stunning beauty of the estate.
- The second reason that you should host your wedding event here is the keeping it small factor. Since they limit the amount of guest to 75 you are guaranteed a small wedding. Smaller weddings and elopements are becoming super popular and I’m sure will become ever increasingly popular in years to come. When it comes down to it all you really only remember your close friends and family members during your big day. Brides and grooms never remember that distant relative that showed up or one of their parents friends that they really don’t know. I’m sure even those guest wonder why they’re even at the wedding.
There are many more reason why you should host your wedding here, but these are my top two. Please get in touch with Tahoe Blue Estate to setup a site visit and see this magical Tahoe venue.
Here’s a list of unique services that they offer for events.
- On-site accommodations.
- 75 guests capacity limit.
- 22 overnight guests capacity limit.
- Outdoor and Indoor ceremony location.
- Indoor reception site.
- Whole house sound system for reception.
- Bridal and groom getting ready suites.
- Massive reception dinning room table and chairs.
- Able to host events year-round.
If you are interested in wanting me to photograph your wedding day please fill out the contract form on this website. You can also email me directly or give me a call at 916-422-2256. I look forward to hearing from you.