Top South Lake Tahoe Wedding Venues.
After photographing weddings in the South Lake Tahoe area since 2007. I have photographed at almost every wedding and event center in and around the south shore of Tahoe. I remember when I got married up in Tahoe years ago. It was a tough decision on picking out a location. What was even tougher was trying to find an online list of the top wedding venues that are located in the south Tahoe area. It’s hard since most of the venue and event center list you find online are filtered since the locations have to pay to get on those list. In turn there are many amazing venues that are left off those lists since they don’t pay for an ad on those online resources. I wanted to make this list for couple’s to find almost every wedding venue that South Lake Tahoe has to offer. I’ve also included a couple west shore Tahoe venues on this list since they’re really close to the south shore. Hopefully this list makes finding the right venue for you a little easier.
All photos and slideshows created by Doug Miranda Photography.
- Edgewood Tahoe is located in the heart of South Lake Tahoe next to the waters edge. This wedding venue has it all with it’s luxury hotel and spa, championship golf course and lakeside wedding locations. There are three wedding locations on site at Edgewood. All of these wedding sites are lakefront locations The main factor in picking one comes down to the size of your wedding. Edgewood is also one of the few locations in Tahoe that can hold weddings year around.
180 Lake Pkwy, Stateline, NV 89449.
Tahoe Blue Estate
- Tahoe Blue Estate is located high above South Lake Tahoe a top of Kingsburry Grade in Stateline Nevada. This wedding venue is catering to smaller weddings and elopements with a maximum guest count of 75. I would have to say that this venue has the most amazing views of Lake Tahoe and is situated just right to create beautiful sunset photos. The ceremony location is held out back on the edge of the mountain with those stunning Tahoe views behind you. Your reception will take place inside the expansive mansion. This location is set up to host smaller weddings year around.
650 Tina Ct, Glenbrook, NV 89413.
Zephyr Cove Resort
- Zephyr Cove Resort is located on the south shore of Lake Tahoe just outside of Stateline in Zephyr Cove Nevada. Zephyr Cove Resort is an all in one location with their many cabins on site that will give you and your guest accommodations for staying the night and getting ready in. Their ceremony site is located on the sandy beach shore line of Tahoe, which will leave you with the lake as your backdrop during your ceremony. Just up the sandy hill side is the reception area that is located on a grassy lawn in the shade of giant pine trees. Located here is a giant event tent in which your reception events will take place at. Zephyr Cove Resort weddings also host boat weddings on the M.S. Dixie II and the Tahoe Paradise. Who wouldn’t want the chance to be married out on the crystal clear waters of Lake Tahoe?
760 US-50, Zephyr Cove, NV 89448.
West Shore Cafe and Inn
- The West Shore Cafe is one of the few Lake Tahoe wedding venues that is located right on the waters edge. This location has so much beauty and charm. This is one of those all in one venues. They have a small amount of rooms for you and some of your guest to stay in. Their ceremony site is located on a grassy lawn next to the cafe that butts up to the rocky lakefront shoreline. Their private lake front pier is also another location for wedding ceremonies. Receptions can take place on the water front patio and also inside their restaurant area. When all the events are done for the night your dancing will take place inside the on the main floor. This wedding venue is a must see.
5160 W Lake Blvd, Homewood, CA 96141.
Lake Tahoe Golf Course
- Lake Tahoe Golf Course is located just outside of South Lake Tahoe in the town of Meyers California. The golf course is located on the edge of a giant alpine meadow with the Upper Truckee River running through the property. The ceremony site is located just behind the clubhouse and takes place on one of the giant grassy golf tee boxes. This ceremony location has stunning views of the surrounding mountains and Mt. Tallac. Your reception will take place back at the clubhouse in the banquet room. You will also have access to the outdoor patio area next to the banquet room. This venue has a ton of locations for wedding photos and with access to golf carts to drive around the property makes it even more expansive.
2500 Emerald Bay Rd, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150.
- Vahalla Tahoe is located in South Lake Tahoe on the historical Tallac site. This wedding venue is situated in a tall pine tree forest that runs up to the beaches and water front of the Camp Richardson area of Tahoe. Wedding ceremonies take place in the Vahalla Grand Hall, which is an old historical dance hall. Your reception events and dancing will also take place in the grand hall. While your cocktail hour can be held outside amongst the tall pine trees and manicured lawn. Vahalla Tahoe is one of the few venues that is located right on the shores of Lake Tahoe. Having the access to their waterfront beach and public pier will give you great opportunities for wedding pictures.
1 Valhalla Rd, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150.
- Riva Grill is located right on the sandy shores of South Lake Tahoe. With it’s prime location you can guess why some many couple’s choose to get married here. Wedding ceremonies take place right behind Riva Grill on the sandy beach, which provides Tahoe as your backdrop. Once your ceremony is over all your events will take place back at the grill on the second story. The second story of the restaurant is where they hold all of their special events. Again with this location being one of the few lakeside wedding venues in Tahoe you’ll be able to have those amazing beach side wedding pictures.
900 Ski Run Blvd, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150.
- Ehrman Mansion is located on the west shore of Lake Tahoe at Sugar Pine Point State Park. This grand estate is situated on top of a of a grassy hill that over looks it’s water front pier and Tahoe shore line. The ceremony site is located at the bottom of the hill right next to the waters edge with a backdrop of Lake Tahoe. This is one amazing lakefront ceremony site. Your reception, dinner and dancing will take place right next to the mansion on a flat grassy lawn. The grounds here are well kept up and has an amazing lakefront shore line. This area makes for some breathtaking wedding photos.
Hellman-Ehrman Mansion, Tahoma, CA 96142.
Round Hills Pines Beach Resort
- Round Hills Pines Beach Resort is located just outside the casino area of South Lake Tahoe in Zephyr Cove Nevada. This Tahoe wedding venue is located right on the sandy shores of the lake. Their ceremony site is situated right on the sandy beach front with clear views of Mt. Tallac and the other west shore mountains across the way. Just steps away from the ceremony site is the reception area for wedding and events. They also have a huge waterfront pier that jets out onto the lake. The pier at sunset makes for some amazing wedding photos.
300 US-50, Zephyr Cove, NV 89448.
The Landing Tahoe Resort & Spa
- The Landing Tahoe Resort and Spa is located right on the California Nevada border in South Lake Tahoe. It’s one of the few lake front hotels on the south shore of Tahoe. The Landing has it all from hotel rooms, ceremony site, reception tent and access to a Tahoe beach. The ceremonies take place on their second story deck, which overlooks Tahoe. This area provides you with an amazing backdrop as you tie the knot. Your cocktail hour can also take place up on the deck or in the back by the reception tent. Near the back of the property is the reception tent and that’s where your dinner, dancing and event will take place. Just across the street from The Landing is Lakeside Beach. You’ll have access to this beach at any point during your wedding day to take photos at. This is a must for those classic sunset Tahoe wedding photos.
4104 Lakeshore Blvd, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150.
The Ridge Tahoe
- The Ridge Tahoe Resort is located in South Lake Tahoe at the top of Kingsbury grade right next the Heavenly Ski Resort Nevada side day lodge. The Ridge is one big timeshare and hotel area, so they’ll be plenty of rooms for your guest and you to stay in during your wedding events. They have an outdoor and indoor ceremony location, so there able to host weddings year around. The outdoor ceremony site is located right of the ridge of the mountain top with stunning views of the surrounding mountains and the Washoe Valley below. The indoor ceremony location is located in the reception area of the lodge. The reception site is located in the main hotels lodge area. They have one huge ballroom area where your dinner and dancing will take place at.
400 Ridge Club Dr, Stateline, NV 89449.
Lakeside Beach Weddings
- Weddings at Lakeside Beach is located in South Lake Tahoe right on the California and Nevada border. This location only host wedding ceremonies, but is one of the very few wedding venues that is located right on the waters edge. They do offer packages to near by hotels that can accommodate wedding dinners and receptions. Lakeside beach is located right on a sandy beach that meets up to the shoreline. The location is surrounded by tall pine trees and has a manicured lawn that runs right up to the beach ceremony site. They offer many time slots for ceremonies through out the day for couples to pick from.
4105 Lakeshore Blvd, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150.
Heavenly Ski Resort
- Heavenly Ski Resort is located on the south shore of Lake Tahoe. The main lodge and tram is located on the California side of the ski area. Most all weddings will take place up the mountain at the Lakeview Lodge. The fun part about getting to this wedding venue is taking the one mile ride up the aerial tram to the ceremony and reception site. Once your at the lodge you have the most amazing views of all of Tahoe and the south shore. The ceremony site it located right at the edge of the mountain top before it rolls over into a ski run. This location gives you one of the best ceremony views of all the Tahoe wedding venues. Your reception and party will take place just steps away in the Lakeview Lodge. At the end of the night you’ll be able to enjoy that tram ride back down to the bottom of the mountain.
3860 Saddle Rd, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150.