Forest House Lodge Wedding Photography
The Forest House Lodge is located up in the Sierra foothills of Northern California in the small quaint town of Foresthill California. The lodge is located right off of the main street and is a quick drive up the hill from Sacramento and the surround foothill communities. The lodge is an all inclusive venue, which means that you’ll be the only one getting married their that day. Unlike other wedding venues that can run two to four events in one day, which is crazy. This insures that your guests and you will receive the full attention of the staff and that your wedding day will be a dream. The lodge has 27 hotel rooms and can sleep up to 70 guest in those rooms. The lodge is where your getting ready and other events will take place on your special day. Down stairs is the huge bridal room and salon for the girls to get ready in and relax before the start of the ceremony. Just across the way is the man cave and game room where the groom and his groomsmen can have fun playing around with all the games and flat screen tv while getting ready. Your reception will also take place at the lodge and on the main floor where the dinning room is located along with the dance floor and a full bar room. There will be a before ceremony cocktail hour where all the guest will gather and mingle in the full bar area of the lodge. This will take place on the main floor and the bar area of the lodge. Once it’s close to ceremony time everyone will hope in their cars and take the short drive up the road to the Grand Sierra Point wedding ceremony location.
Small ceremonies can take place in the back court yard, but most all ceremonies take place up the road. Located about a mile up the road is the ceremony site at Grand Sierra Point. The ceremony site is located just at the edge of a clearing in the forest with stunning views of the foothills, canyons and the greater Sacramento area. Once the ceremony is over your guest will head back to the lodge for another cocktail hour. During this time you’ll be able to take all your formal family and bridal party photos around the ceremony site. After this you'll be able to take some stunning bride and groom photos in the surrounding forest area around the ceremony site. There are many locations to pick from and the views never get old at the ceremony location.
After all the photos are done being taken you’ll end back up at the lodge for your dinner and reception. This is where the lodge truly beats all the other wedding venues in the area because you’ll be able to dance the night away and stay up celebrating as long as you want to since the lodge is yours for the day. The other bonus is that lodge has a full on bar room like you would see in any restaurant or club.
Just the ceremony site alone will have you wanting to book your wedding here immediately. The Forest House Lodge is one of the premier wedding venues in the foothills and the greater Sacramento area.
Here is a list of my top 3 reasons you should have your wedding at Forest House Lodge.
- My number one reason is that the venue is an all inclusive wedding site. Meaning you’ll be the only wedding happening that day and you’ll have the whole lodge and wedding site to yourself. This is huge in this day and age with many wedding venues that host up to two weddings a day. With you being the only wedding happening that day means you’ll be their top priority and will receive the venue's full attention. In turn your wedding day will run smoothly and will be stress free. The other bonus of having the the whole lodge to yourself is that some of your guest can stay at the lodge with you.
- The second top reason you should get married here is the stunning foothill location. The ceremony site alone should leave you speechless and wanting to sign a contract immediately. The views and surrounding forest at Grand Sierra Point are just pure bless. The lodge has such a down home feel that will make everyone feel comfortable on your wedding day. This foothill location of Foresthill will still give you that mountain vibe and feel with out having to travel all the way to Tahoe for your wedding day. With it being so close to Sacramento and the surrounding cities your guest will have many lodging options to pick from. Plus you don’t get all that busy tourist traffic and crowds that all the other Tahoe mountain wedding venues have to deal with. The town of Foresthill is a quiet and charming area that most people don’t even know it exists. Which is big benefit to you.
- The third reason why you should hold your event here is the staff. The staff that run Forest House Lodge are just amazing to say the least. This venue runs like a well oiled machine. They help with set up, teardown and everything in between. Even the food that is cooked on site by the catering staff is incredibly good. Which is saying a lot in the world of wedding food. The staff is always there to help you out with any problems that might arise and to make your special day one to remember and not one to forget.
These are just a few of the many reason you should tie the knot at the lodge.
- Here’s a list of services that they offer for each event.
- Pre wedding coordination
- Set up and tear down of the event
- Bartender services
- Private Bar
- Twenty seven personal European guest rooms
- Private hotel room fretting services
- Unlimited non alcoholic beverages
- Table Lines
- Pinewood banquet chairs
- China, flatware and stemware
- Bridal suite and salon
- Indoor reception area
- Outdoor or indoor ceremony site
- Game room
- Grooms man cave and getting ready room.
Address: 24590 Main St, Foresthill, CA 95631