Top North Lake Tahoe Wedding Venues.
After photographing weddings in the North Lake Tahoe area since 2007. I have photographed at almost every wedding and event center in and around the north of Tahoe. I remember when I got married up in Tahoe years ago. It was a tough decision on picking out a location. What was even tougher was trying to find an online list of the top wedding venues that are located in the north Tahoe area. It’s hard since most of the venue and event center list you find online are filtered since the locations have to pay to get on those list. In turn there are many amazing venues that are left off those lists since they don’t pay for an ad on those online resources. I wanted to make this list for couple’s to find almost every wedding venue that North Lake Tahoe has to offer from beach front weddings to mountain event sites. Hopefully this list makes finding the right venue for you a little easier.
All photos and slideshows created by Doug Miranda Photography.
Zephyr Lodge at Northstar Resort
- Zephyr Lodge at Northstar Resort is located at the top of the ski resort at 8,610 feet. Once your take the two ski lift rides to the lodge you’ll be greeted by breathtaking views of the surrounding Sierra mountain range. The ceremony site is located right on the edge of the mountain, which supplies those amazing views. Your reception will be held inside the massive Zephyr Lodge, which reminds me of a vintage ski lodge. This wedding venue definitely has that wow factor.
5001 Northstar Dr, Truckee, CA 96161.
Sugar Bowl Resort and Lake Mary
- Sugar Bowl ski resort it located on the top of Donner Pass and is truly one of the hidden wedding gems of Tahoe. This venue has so much to offer. Wedding ceremonies will take place on their forested lawn next to the lodge. Cocktail hour can take place on top of the mountain with breath taking views or back down at the lodge on the reception deck. Your dinner and dancing will also take place the this outdoor deck. Smaller weddings and events can take place at Lake Mary, which is beyond picturesque and a must see if you’re planning a smaller wedding.
629 Sugar Bowl Rd, Norden, CA 95724.
The Chateau at Incline Village
- The Chateau at Incline Village is perched a top of the championship golf course. It’s surround by a pine tree forest with views of Lake Tahoe and a well manicured golf course. There ceremony location is right next to the club house on one of their giant tee boxes. Your reception will take place in the huge ballroom inside the clubhouse. With their ballroom being so big they’re able to house events year around.
955 Fairway Blvd, Incline Village, NV 89451.
Resort at Squaw Creek
- The Resort at Squaw Creek is located in the heart of the Olympic Valley. It’s surround by the grassy valley and tall pine tree forest. The resort also has championship golf course on site. There are many ceremony locations to pick from at Squaw Creek, which all have amazing views of the high alpine mountains and valley. The same goes for the reception areas here. There are many to pick from with even having indoor options. With this Squaw Creek is able to host wedding and events year around.
400 Squaw Creek Rd, Olympic Valley, CA 96146.
Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe
- The Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa and Casino is located in Incline Village Nevada. The Hyatt is located on the sandy east shores of the lake. With this you have the option to have your beach front ceremony right at the waters edge. There is also a forest ceremony site with lake views that is equally stunning. With this venue being a hotel you and your guest can stay at this location and not have to worry about driving. Receptions take place in the lakeside ballrooms and boast lake views out of the giant wall of windows.
111 Country Club Dr, Incline Village, NV 89451.
Squaw Valley Resort
- Squaw Valley Resort is located at the end of the Olympic Valley on the North side of Lake Tahoe. This is one of the most picturesque mountain valleys in all of Tahoe. There are couple ceremony sites at this venue with one being right next to the Olympic Lodge. This ceremony site is located on a lush green lawn with views of Squaw Valley and sits next to the lodge. The lodge is where the reception party and dinner will be located. If you’re looking for a wedding location with amazing views of the whole valley and the lake then look no further than High Camp. The ceremony location is located a top of the upper deck at High Camp which gives you unobstructed views of the surround area. The Terrace Room is where your reception will take place at High Camp. This area is located right on the cliffside and has huge floor to ceiling windows that give you those same amazing views. The bonus of having your wedding up their is you get to take the Squaw Valley tram up to your wedding festivities.
1960 Squaw Valley Rd, Olympic Valley, CA 96146.
The Lodge at Tahoe Donner
- The Lodge at Tahoe Donner is located in Truckee California next to one of the best golf course in North Lake Tahoe. Weddings are hosted here are seasonally and located in the huge, white, elegant reception tent. This reception tent is place right next to the edge of the golf course and forest.The ceremony site is located adjacent to the tent on a huge grassy lawn that is surrounded by tall pine trees. During June and July the wild Lupine flowers bloom around the grounds making from some great wedding pictures.
12850 Northwoods Blvd, Truckee, CA 96161.
PlumpJack Squaw Valley Inn
- PlumpJack Squaw Valley Inn is located at the end of the Olympic Valley right across the street from the bottom tram station at Squaw Valley ski resort. This wedding venue is an all inclusive location with having hotel rooms for guest, onsite ceremony and reception location. PlumpJack is also one of the few locations that’s able to host events year around. Their ceremony site is located on the backend of the property that is surrounded by pine and aspen trees. It also had amazing views of the giant rocky walls of Squaw Valley. The cocktail hour and reception area are located back at the hotel and around the outdoor pool area.
1920 Squaw Valley Rd, Olympic Valley, CA 96146.
Twenty Mile House
- Twenty Mile House is located outside of Truckee in the small Sierra mountain town of Cromberg California. This wedding venue is an all inclusive event location that has on site cabins for you and some of your guest to stay in during your wedding festivities. This amazing wedding venue is situated on 200 acres of pristine forest land that has the Middle Fork of the Feather River flow through it. Their ceremony site is located in a tall stand of pine trees. The reception site is located right next to the grand old house stagecoach house. This wedding venue is a must see if you’re looking for a seclude all in one wedding venue.
700 Old Cromberg Rd, Cromberg, CA 96103.
North Tahoe Event Center
- North Tahoe Event Center is located on the sandy shores of Lake Tahoe in the town of Kings Beach California. The event center is located in the center of town and just a stones throw from the water. Your ceremony will take place right behind the building on a patio that ends right on a sandy Tahoe beach. You’ll have Tahoe as your backdrop while you tie the knot. After the ceremony you’ll have access to the beach and patio for your wedding photos. Just down the beach is the public pier, which is always a win for sunset portraits. Once you’re ready to eat and dance the night away, you’ll enter the event center building. The nice thing about having this ballroom as your reception area is you’ll always be able to beat the weather if it’s too hot or cold outside. If you’re looking for a beach wedding venue in North Lake Tahoe please check out this wedding venue.
8318 N Lake Blvd, Kings Beach, CA 96143
Ritz Carlton Lake Tahoe
- Ritz Carlton Lake Tahoe is located high above Truckee California on the slopes of Northstar Ski Resort. This elegant hotel and wedding venue is a must see for couple’s getting married in the north Tahoe area. They have two outdoor ceremony locations on site. One ceremony site is nestled in the woods, while the other is out in a mountain meadow. All their receptions and dinners are held in the hotel ballrooms. The Ritz is also able to hold weddings and events year around.
13031 Ritz Carlton Highlands Ct, Truckee, CA 961621.
Gar Woods Grill & Pier
- Gar Woods Grill and Pier is located right on the water front of north Tahoe in Carnelian Bay. Right next to Gar Woods is where your ceremony will take place. This site is a huge grassy lawn that is right next to the shore line and gives you unobstructed views of Tahoe. This is one of the few lake front wedding venues on the north shore. They also have their own private pier for you to use for your wedding pictures. Receptions and dinners take place on the second story of this restaurant. Once your up in the reception room you’ll have a amazing views of Tahoe and Carnelian Bay.
5000 N Lake Blvd, Carnelian Bay, CA 96140.