Riva Grill on the Lake is one of the very few wedding venues that is actually located right on the sandy shores of Lake Tahoe. Riva Grill is also a fully operating restaurant located in the heart of South Lake Tahoe California at the Ski Run Marina. This venue has some of the most breath taking views of Tahoe and the surrounding mountains. These views are all accessible from the reception area and ceremony site. This event center and restaurant has that quintessential Tahoe vibe with the lake views while dinning and classic woody boat decor.
The wedding venue does not provide a getting ready area or bridal suite for couples to get ready at during their special day. This is not that big of a deal since the grill is located next to a couple hotels and is just a mile or two down the road from the casino area of South Lake Tahoe. Keeping that in mind you’ll have plenty of options to choose from for your getting ready part of the day. Once you’re ready to tie the knot you’ll be heading on over to the venue for your ceremony and reception.
The ceremony location at Riva Grill is located out back on the sandy shore line of Lake Tahoe. This ceremony area is one of a very short list of venues that are located right on the lake. This reason right here is one of the deciding factors couples choose to host their special day here. Once you walk out onto the beach and see the vast views, which will be your wedding backdrop you’ll understand why couples get married here. Behind you, you’ll be greeted by views of Heavenly Ski Resort and surrounding mountain tops. The ceremony site is just a short walk from the restaurant and is wheelchair accessible. This ceremony location is a must see if you’re looking from a waterfront wedding venue.
Once you’ve tied the knot and your guest are headed back to the grill to enjoy cocktail hour you’ll be on the beach finishing up your formal family and bridal party portraits. After that you’ll be able to enjoy the lake shore for some couples portraits along the lake shore. During certain times of the year this beach can be busy with tourist wanting to see the lake. The best time for couple portraits in my opinion is during sunset when the light is at it’s best and there are a lot less people on the beach. This will give you more room to move around and get those amazing Lake Tahoe wedding photos.
Receptions and events take place on the second story of the Riva Grill. This way your event is out of the way of the restaurant goers and your special day will feel all that much more private to your guest and you. The second story room that host your reception has the best views in the house of the lake and surrounding mountain tops. You’ll also have access to a private balcony to mingle on with your guest, while taking in all the views and fresh air. The private second story room is large enough to hold up to 220 guest for dinner and dancing. One of the other major pluses of hosting your special day here is the fantastic food and service. The food that the grill offers is not your ordinary wedding food. You’ll be eating top notch meals that the patrons are eating downstairs at the restaurant. Once your meal and speeches are over you’ll be able to enjoy the rest of the night dancing and sipping on one of the famous Wet Woody’s that Riva Grill is famous for.
If you’re a newly engaged couple and looking to get married at a water front venue in Lake Tahoe you should put this top notch event center on your list of places to visit. There’s a reason why this location host weddings every weekend through out the wedding season. Please contact them to set up a site visit to see this venue with your own eyes.
Here are my top three reasons you should host your wedding at Riva Grill on the Lake.
- My number one reason you should host your wedding events at Riva Grill is that fact that you can tie the knot on one of the sandy beaches of Lake Tahoe. When couples think of a Tahoe wedding most envision reciting their vows on the shoreline of Tahoe. The major factor with this is there are very few wedding sites that are located on Tahoe with the grill being one of them. Just this reason alone is what sets this venue apart from the rest.
- My second reason why you should hold your wedding here is the top notch service that the staff provides for you through out the process of planning your wedding from booking the venue to the day of your wedding. They will make sure that everything will run as smooth as possible.
- The third reason you should host your nuptials here is the food and beverages they provide for your guest and you. Let's face it, most event meals are basic and sometimes tasteless. They're basically made so your guest don’t get too tipsy. Well at Riva Grill your wedding meals will taste out of this world and leave you wanting more. Then there is the famous cocktail that they offer the “Wet Woody”. If you’re into a cold drink on a hot summer day than look no further than the “Wet Woody”.
These are just of a few reason why you should host your event at this special place.
Here’s a list of unique services that Riva Grill on the Lake offers for weddings and events.
- Outdoor beach front ceremony location.
- Indoor reception site.
- Indoor ceremony site.
- Up to 220 guests capacity limit.
- Up to 400 guests if booking entire restaurant.
- Dinnerware, flatware and glassware.
- Reception tables and chairs.
- Day of wedding coordination.
- Ceremony chairs.
- Full setup and clean up service.
- Full bar set up and bartender.
- Catering for meals.
- Handicap Accessible.
- Private reception balcony.
If you are interested in having me photograph your wedding day please fill out the contract form on this website. You can also email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call at 916-422-2256. I look forward to hearing from you.