Top Lake Tahoe Beach Wedding Venues.
After photographing weddings in the Lake Tahoe area since 2007. I have photographed at almost every wedding and event center in and around the Tahoe basin. I remember when I got married in Tahoe years ago. It was a tough decision on picking out a location. What was even tougher was trying to find an online list of the top wedding venues that are located in the Tahoe area. What was even harder was finding lakefront wedding venues that have sandy beach front ceremony sites. It’s difficult since most of the venue and event site resources you find online are filtered since these venues pay to get on those list. In turn there are many amazing venues that are left off those lists since they don’t pay for an ad on those online resources. I wanted to make this list for couple’s to find almost every beachfront wedding venue that Lake Tahoe has to offer. Hopefully this list makes finding the right venue for you a little easier.
All photos and slideshows created by Doug Miranda Photography.
Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe
- The Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa and Casino is located in Incline Village Nevada. The Hyatt is located on the sandy east shores of the lake. With this you have the option to have your ceremony right at the waters edge. There is also a forest ceremony site with lake views that is equally stunning. With this venue being a hotel you and your guest can stay at this location and not have to worry about driving. Receptions take place in the lakeside ballrooms and boast lake views out of the giant wall of windows.
111 Country Club Dr, Incline Village, NV 89451.
West Shore Cafe and Inn
- The West Shore Cafe is one of the few Lake Tahoe wedding venues that is located right on the waters edge. This location has so much beauty and charm. This is one of those all in one venues. They have a small amount of rooms for you and some of your guest to stay in. Their ceremony site is located on a grassy lawn next to the cafe that butts up to the rocky lake shore. Their private lake front pier is also another location for wedding ceremonies. Receptions can take place on the water front patio and also inside their restaurant area. When all the events are done for the night your dancing will take place inside the on the main floor. This wedding venue is a must see.
5160 W Lake Blvd, Homewood, CA 96141.
- Edgewood Tahoe is located in the heart of South Lake Tahoe next to the waters edge. This wedding venue has it all with it’s luxury hotel and spa, championship golf course and lakeside wedding locations. There are three wedding locations on site at Edgewood. The main factor in picking one comes down to the size of your wedding. Edgewood is also one of the few locations in Tahoe that can hold weddings year around.
180 Lake Pkwy, Stateline, NV 89449.
Zephyr Cove Resort
- Zephyr Cove Resort is located on the south shore of Lake Tahoe just outside of Stateline in Zephyr Cove Nevada. Zephyr Cove Resort is an all in one location with their many cabins on site that will give you and your guest accommodations for staying the night and getting ready in. Their ceremony site is located on the shore line of Tahoe, which will leave you with the lake as your backdrop during your ceremony. Just up the sandy hill side is the reception area that is located on a grassy lawn in the shade of giant pine trees. Located here is a giant event tent in which your reception events will take place at. Zephyr Cove Resort also host boat weddings on the M.S. Dixie II and the Tahoe Paradise. Who wouldn’t want the chance to be married out on the crystal clear waters of Lake Tahoe?
760 US-50, Zephyr Cove, NV 89448.
- Ehrman Mansion is located on the west shore of Lake Tahoe at Sugar Pine Point State Park. This grand estate is situated on top of a of a grassy hill that over looks it’s water front pier and Tahoe shore line. The ceremony site is located at the bottom of the hill right next to the waters edge with a backdrop of Lake Tahoe. Your reception, dinner and dancing will take place right next to the mansion on a flat grassy lawn. The grounds here are well kept up and has an amazing lakefront shore line. This area makes for some breathtaking wedding photos.
Hellman-Ehrman Mansion, Tahoma, CA 96142.
Round Hills Pines Beach Resort
- Round Hills Pines Beach Resort is located just outside the casino area of South Lake Tahoe in Zephyr Cove Nevada. This Tahoe wedding venue is located right on the sandy shores of the lake. Their ceremony site is situated right on the waters edge with clear views of Mt. Tallac and the other west shore mountains across the way. Just steps away from the ceremony site is the reception area for wedding and events. They also have a huge waterfront pier that jets out onto the lake. The pier at sunset makes for some amazing wedding photos.
300 US-50, Zephyr Cove, NV 89448.
- Vahalla Tahoe is located in South Lake Tahoe on the historical Tallac site. This wedding venue is situated in a tall pine tree forest that runs up to the beaches and water front of the Camp Richardson area of Tahoe. Wedding ceremonies take place in the Vahalla Grand Hall, which is an old historical dance hall. Your reception events and dancing will also take place in the grand hall. While your cocktail hour can be held outside amongst the tall pine trees and manicured lawn. Vahalla Tahoe is one of the few venues that is located right on the shores of Lake Tahoe. Having the access to their waterfront beach and public pier will give you great opportunities for wedding pictures.
1 Valhalla Rd, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150.
- Riva Grill is located right on the sandy shores of South Lake Tahoe. With it’s prime location you can guess why some many couple’s choose to get married here. Wedding ceremonies take place right behind Riva Grill on the sandy beach, which provides Tahoe as your backdrop. Once your ceremony is over all your events will take place back at the grill on the second story. The second story of the restaurant is where they hold all of their special events. Again with this location being one of the few lakeside wedding venues in Tahoe you’ll be able to have those amazing beach side wedding pictures.
900 Ski Run Blvd, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150.
North Tahoe Event Center
- North Tahoe Event Center is located on the sandy shores of Lake Tahoe in the town of Kings Beach California. The event center is located in the center of town and just a stones throw from the water. Your ceremony will take place right behind the building on a patio that ends right on a sandy Tahoe beach. You’ll have Tahoe as your backdrop while you tie the knot. After the ceremony you’ll have access to the beach and patio for your wedding photos. Just down the beach is the public pier, which is always a win for sunset portraits. Once you’re ready to eat and dance the night away, you’ll enter the event center building. The nice thing about having this ballroom as your reception area is you’ll always be able to beat the weather if it’s too hot or cold outside. If you’re looking for a beach wedding venue in North Lake Tahoe please check out this wedding venue.
8318 N Lake Blvd, Kings Beach, CA 96143.
Gar Woods Grill & Pier
- Gar Woods Grill and Pier is located right on the water front of north Tahoe in Carnelian Bay. Right next to Gar Woods is where your ceremony will take place. This site is a huge grassy lawn that is right next to the shore line and gives you unobstructed views of Tahoe. They also have their own private pier for you to use for your wedding pictures. Receptions and dinners take place on the second story of this restaurant. Once your up in the reception room you’ll have a amazing views of Tahoe and Carnelian Bay.
5000 N Lake Blvd, Carnelian Bay, CA 96140.
The Landing Tahoe Resort & Spa
- The Landing Tahoe Resort and Spa is located right on the California Nevada border in South Lake Tahoe. It’s one of the few lake front hotels on the south shore of Tahoe. The Landing has it all from hotel rooms, ceremony site, reception tent and access to a Tahoe beach. The ceremonies take place on their second story deck, which overlooks Tahoe. This area provides you with an amazing backdrop as you tie the knot. Your cocktail hour can also take place up on the deck or in the back by the reception tent. Near the back of the property is the reception tent and that’s where your dinner, dancing and event will take place. Just across the street from The Landing is Lakeside Beach. You’ll have access to this beach at any point during your wedding day to take photos at. This is a must for those classic sunset Tahoe wedding photos.
4104 Lakeshore Blvd, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150.
Lakeside Beach Weddings
- Weddings at Lakeside Beach is located in South Lake Tahoe right on the California and Nevada border. This location only host wedding ceremonies, but is one of the very few wedding venues that is located right on the waters edge. They do offer packages to near by hotels that can accommodate wedding dinners and receptions. Lakeside beach is located right on a sandy beach that meets up to the shoreline. The location is surrounded by tall pine trees and has a manicured lawn that runs right up to the beach ceremony site. They offer many time slots for ceremonies through out the day for couples to pick from.
4105 Lakeshore Blvd, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150.