The Citizen Hotel, Autograph Collection is one of the few luxury hotel and event centers located in downtown Sacramento California. This hotel is one of the last standing historical buildings in Sacramento. It was built in 1925 and was one of the earliest high rises in Sacramento. It served as the California Life Insurance building for many years. This historical building now host 198 boutique hotel rooms and is home to the Grange Restaurant. The Citizen Hotel also host wedding and events year around on the 7th floor in the Metropolitan Terrace room and on the ground level in gorgeous ballroom.
The Citizen Hotel has is an all inclusive wedding location. This starts off with having the ability to stay in one of the many hotel rooms on your wedding day. This is always a huge plus for me when photographing weddings. It’s so nice not to have to travel to different locations during a wedding day. By being able to stay in one of their hotel rooms this gives you the opportunity to get ready at your own pace and not be rushed. The other bonus is that at the end of the end of your wedding night your guest and you hope on an elevator and walk to your room.
The ceremony site is located on the 7th floor in the Metropolitan Terrace room. This ballroom has jaw dropping views of the downtown Sacramento skyline and the state capitol. The views even get better at night when the city lights up. You’ll be able to have up to 250 friends and family watch you tie the knot on your special day. Once your ceremony is finished you and your guest will head downstairs to one of the other ballrooms for you cocktail hour. You can also host your ceremony at other locations around town and just have your reception at the Citizen. A good amount of couples will get ready at the hotel and then have their ceremony at a local church or outdoor park area. Two close by locations that couple’s have their ceremony at is the state capitol and the Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament. Then after tying the knot everyone can come back to the hotel for the rest wedding events
While your guest are enjoying cocktail hour you’ll be able to take your family, bridal party and bride and groom portraits around this vintage hotel. Most couples using the amazing looking lobby entrance as a location for their wedding pictures. Other couples venture outside to capture an urban feel of downtown Sacramento. You also have access to Cesar Chavez Plaza across the street and are within a couple of blocks of the state capitol.
Once your back from having your wedding photos taken your guest will be waiting for you back up on the 7th floor in the Metropolitan Terrace room. During cocktail hour the hotel staff was busy flipping the room from a ceremony site into your dinner and dancing location. This is when the fun really starts to happen on your wedding day. After your dinner service and your formal reception events you’ll be able to dance the night away with your family and friends.
The Citizen Hotel, Autograph Collection is one of the premier wedding venues in the greater Sacramento area. There’s a reason why a location like this host so many weddings and events. If you’re thinking of host your special event here you should hurry up and book a site visit with one of their amazing event planners.
Below will be a list of my top three reasons that you should host your wedding day at the Citizen Hotel in downtown Sacramento.
- My number one reason that you should host your wedding here is the top notch customer services. I know this sounds stupid, but when you have staff and planners that will make your wedding day run smoothly than this should be a big factor. I’ve been to many wedding venues that are stunning to the eye, but they are run horribly. So why not book a venue location that looks great and has an amazing staff and customer service to make your special day all that much more special.
- The second top reason that you should host your event here is the pure beauty of this historical building. If you’re into old historical locations and cool looking architecture with character than you should really think about taking a site visit with one of the planners at Citizen Hotel. There are many unique locations around the hotel to look at and have your photos taken in front of. This hotel feels like your stepping back into time when you walk through the front doors. You get that old time feel and look with all the modern futures of a new hotel.
- My third reason you should hold your wedding or event festivities at this hotel is location. Again, I know this sounds like a boring top reason, but when you actually start planning an event the location of the venue becomes a big deciding factor. The Citizen Hotel is located right in the middle of downtown Sacramento, which makes it easy for most guest to travel to. For your out of town guest the hotel is really close to the Sacramento airport, which makes it a short drive or uber ride to get to. By being located in downtown visiting guest have access to lots of attractions to visit. The number one must visit Sacramento attraction is the California State Capitol Building and surrounding gardens, which is within walking distance of the Citizen.
There are many more reason why you should host your wedding here, but these are my top three. Please give the hotel and ring and setup a site visit.
Here’s a list of unique services that they offer for events.
- Day of wedding planner.
- Banquet Staff, bartender and bar.
- Plates, silverware and glassware.
- Tables, chairs, linens and a dance floor.
- Catering for event and dinner services.
- On-site accommodations.
- Inside ceremony and reception area.
- Valet parking for guest.
- Setup and cleanup services by hotel staff.
- On site dressing room.
- Capacity is 250 guest.
- Able to host events year-round.
If you are interested in wanting me to photograph your wedding day please fill out the contract form on this website. You can also email me directly or give me a call at 916-422-2256. I look forward to hearing from you.