Top 20 Lake Tahoe Wedding Venues and more. This is a full resource guide to Tahoe wedding venues.
After photographing weddings in the Lake Tahoe area since 2007. I have photographed at almost every wedding and event center in and around the Tahoe basin. I remember when I got married up in Lake Tahoe years ago. It was a tough decision on picking out a location. What was even tougher was trying to find an online list or guide of the top wedding venues that are located in and around the Tahoe area. It’s hard since most of the online venue guides you find are filtered on what you can see since venues have to pay to get on those list. In turn there are many amazing venues that are left off those lists since they don’t want to pay for an ad. I wanted to make this list for couple’s to find almost every wedding venues that Tahoe has to offer. Hopefully this list makes finding the right venue for you a little easier. Please reach out to any of these venues to find out availability, rates and to set up a site visit.
All photos and slideshows created by Doug Miranda Photography.
Lake Tahoe Wedding Venues.
West Shore Cafe and Inn
- The West Shore Cafe is one of the few Lake Tahoe wedding venues that is located right on the waters edge. This location has so much beauty and charm. This is one of those all in one venues. They have a small amount of rooms for you and some of your guest to stay in. Their ceremony site is located on a grassy lawn next to the cafe that butts up to the rocky lake shore. Their private lake front pier is also another location for wedding ceremonies. Receptions can take place on the water front patio and also inside their restaurant area. When all the events are done for the night your dancing will take place inside the on the main floor. This wedding venue is a must see.
5160 W Lake Blvd, Homewood, CA 96141.
The Chateau at Incline Village
- The Chateau at Incline Village is perched a top of the championship golf course. It’s surround by a pine tree forest with views of Lake Tahoe and a well manicured golf course. There ceremony location is right next to the club house on one of their giant tee boxes. Your reception will take place in the huge ballroom inside the clubhouse. With their ballroom being so big they’re able to house events year around.
955 Fairway Blvd, Incline Village, NV 89451.
Sugar Bowl Resort and Lake Mary
- Sugar Bowl ski resort it located on the top of Donner Pass and is truly one of the hidden wedding gems of Tahoe. This venue has so much to offer. Wedding ceremonies will take place on their forested lawn next to the lodge. Cocktail hour can take place on top of the mountain with breath taking views or back down at the lodge on the reception deck. Your dinner and dancing will also take place the this outdoor deck. Smaller weddings and events can take place at Lake Mary, which is beyond picturesque and a must see if you’re planning a smaller wedding.
629 Sugar Bowl Rd, Norden, CA 95724.
Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe
- The Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa and Casino is located in Incline Village Nevada. The Hyatt is located on the sandy east shores of the lake. With this you have the option to have your ceremony right at the waters edge. There is also a forest ceremony site with lake views that is equally stunning. With this venue being a hotel you and your guest can stay at this location and not have to worry about driving. Receptions take place in the lakeside ballrooms and boast lake views out of the giant wall of windows.
111 Country Club Dr, Incline Village, NV 89451.
Zephyr Lodge at Northstar Resort
- Zephyr Lodge at Northstar Resort is located at the top of the ski resort at 8,610 feet. Once your take the two ski lift rides to the lodge you’ll be greeted by breathtaking views of the surrounding Sierra mountain range. The ceremony site is located right on the edge of the mountain, which supplies those amazing views. Your reception will be held inside the massive Zephyr Lodge, which reminds me of a vintage ski lodge. This wedding venue definitely has that wow factor.
5001 Northstar Dr, Truckee, CA 96161.
Resort at Squaw Creek
- The Resort at Squaw Creek is located in the heart of the Olympic Valley. It’s surround by the grassy valley and tall pine tree forest. The resort also has championship golf course on site. There are many ceremony locations to pick from at Squaw Creek, which all have amazing views of the high alpine mountains and valley. The same goes for the reception areas here. There are many to pick from with even having indoor options. With this Squaw Creek is able to host wedding and events year around.
400 Squaw Creek Rd, Olympic Valley, CA 96146.
Tahoe Blue Estate
- Tahoe Blue Estate is located high above South Lake Tahoe a top of Kingsburry Grade in Stateline Nevada. This wedding venue is catering to smaller weddings and elopements with a maximum guest count of 75. I would have to say that this venue has the most amazing views of Lake Tahoe and is situated just right to create beautiful sunset photos. The ceremony location is held out back on the edge of the mountain with those stunning Tahoe views behind you. Your reception will take place inside the expansive mansion. This location is set up to host smaller weddings year around.
650 Tina Ct, Glenbrook, NV 89413.
Squaw Valley Resort
- Squaw Valley Resort is located at the end of the Olympic Valley on the North side of Lake Tahoe. This is one of the most picturesque mountain valleys in all of Tahoe. There are couple ceremony sites at this venue with one being right next to the Olympic Lodge. This ceremony site is located on a lush green lawn with views of Squaw Valley and sits next to the lodge. The lodge is where the reception party and dinner will be located. If you’re looking for a wedding location with amazing views of the whole valley and the lake then look no further than High Camp. The ceremony location is located a top of the upper deck at High Camp which gives you unobstructed views of the surround area. The Terrace Room is where your reception will take place at High Camp. This area is located right on the cliffside and has huge floor to ceiling windows that give you those same amazing views. The bonus of having your wedding up their is you get to take the Squaw Valley tram up to your wedding festivities.
1960 Squaw Valley Rd, Olympic Valley, CA 96146.
- Edgewood Tahoe is located in the heart of South Lake Tahoe next to the waters edge. This wedding venue has it all with it’s luxury hotel and spa, championship golf course and lakeside wedding locations. There are three wedding locations on site at Edgewood. The main factor in picking one comes down to the size of your wedding. Edgewood is also one of the few locations in Tahoe that can hold weddings year around.
180 Lake Pkwy, Stateline, NV 89449.
PlumpJack Squaw Valley Inn
- PlumpJack Squaw Valley Inn is located at the end of the Olympic Valley right across the street from the bottom tram station at Squaw Valley ski resort. This wedding venue is an all inclusive location with having hotel rooms for guest, onsite ceremony and reception location. PlumpJack is also one of the few locations that’s able to host events year around. Their ceremony site is located on the backend of the property that is surrounded by pine and aspen trees. It also had amazing views of the giant rocky walls of Squaw Valley. The cocktail hour and reception area are located back at the hotel and around the outdoor pool area.
1920 Squaw Valley Rd, Olympic Valley, CA 96146.
- Ehrman Mansion is located on the west shore of Lake Tahoe at Sugar Pine Point State Park. This grand estate is situated on top of a of a grassy hill that over looks it’s water front pier and Tahoe shore line. The ceremony site is located at the bottom of the hill right next to the waters edge with a backdrop of Lake Tahoe. Your reception, dinner and dancing will take place right next to the mansion on a flat grassy lawn. The grounds here are well kept up and has an amazing lakefront shore line. This area makes for some breathtaking wedding photos.
Hellman-Ehrman Mansion, Tahoma, CA 96142.
The Lodge at Tahoe Donner
- The Lodge at Tahoe Donner is located in Truckee California next to one of the best golf course in North Lake Tahoe. Weddings are hosted here are seasonally and located in the huge, white, elegant reception tent. This reception tent is place right next to the edge of the golf course and forest.The ceremony site is located adjacent to the tent on a huge grassy lawn that is surrounded by tall pine trees. During June and July the wild Lupine flowers bloom around the grounds making from some great wedding pictures.
12850 Northwoods Blvd, Truckee, CA 96161.
Zephyr Cove Resort
- Zephyr Cove Resort is located on the south shore of Lake Tahoe just outside of Stateline in Zephyr Cove Nevada. Zephyr Cove Resort is an all in one location with their many cabins on site that will give you and your guest accommodations for staying the night and getting ready in. Their ceremony site is located on the shore line of Tahoe, which will leave you with the lake as your backdrop during your ceremony. Just up the sandy hill side is the reception area that is located on a grassy lawn in the shade of giant pine trees. Located here is a giant event tent in which your reception events will take place at. Zephyr Cove Resort also host boat weddings on the M.S. Dixie II and the Tahoe Paradise. Who wouldn’t want the chance to be married out on the crystal clear waters of Lake Tahoe?
760 US-50, Zephyr Cove, NV 89448.
Twenty Mile House
- Twenty Mile House is located outside of Truckee in the small Sierra mountain town of Cromberg California. This wedding venue is an all inclusive event location that has on site cabins for you and some of your guest to stay in during your wedding festivities. This amazing wedding venue is situated on 200 acres of pristine forest land that has the Middle Fork of the Feather River flow through it. Their ceremony site is located in a tall stand of pine trees. The reception site is located right next to the grand old house stagecoach house. This wedding venue is a must see if you’re looking for a seclude all in one wedding venue.
700 Old Cromberg Rd, Cromberg, CA 96103.
Lake Tahoe Golf Course
- Lake Tahoe Golf Course is located just outside of South Lake Tahoe in the town of Meyers California. The golf course is located on the edge of a giant alpine meadow with the Upper Truckee River running through the property. The ceremony site is located just behind the clubhouse and takes place on one of the giant grassy golf tee boxes. This ceremony location has stunning views of the surrounding mountains and Mt. Tallac. Your reception will take place back at the clubhouse in the banquet room. You will also have access to the outdoor patio area next to the banquet room. This venue has a ton of locations for wedding photos and with access to golf carts to drive around the property makes it even more expansive.
2500 Emerald Bay Rd, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150.
- Riva Grill is located right on the sandy shores of South Lake Tahoe. With it’s prime location you can guess why some many couple’s choose to get married here. Wedding ceremonies take place right behind Riva Grill on the sandy beach, which provides Tahoe as your backdrop. Once your ceremony is over all your events will take place back at the grill on the second story. The second story of the restaurant is where they hold all of their special events. Again with this location being one of the few lakeside wedding venues in Tahoe you’ll be able to have those amazing beach side wedding pictures.
900 Ski Run Blvd, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150
Round Hills Pines Beach Resort
- Round Hills Pines Beach Resort is located just outside the casino area of South Lake Tahoe in Zephyr Cove Nevada. This Tahoe wedding venue is located right on the sandy shores of the lake. Their ceremony site is situated right on the waters edge with clear views of Mt. Tallac and the other west shore mountains across the way. Just steps away from the ceremony site is the reception area for wedding and events. They also have a huge waterfront pier that jets out onto the lake. The pier at sunset makes for some amazing wedding photos.
300 US-50, Zephyr Cove, NV 89448.
The Landing Tahoe Resort & Spa
- The Landing Tahoe Resort and Spa is located right on the California Nevada border in South Lake Tahoe. It’s one of the few lake front hotels on the south shore of Tahoe. The Landing has it all from hotel rooms, ceremony site, reception tent and access to a Tahoe beach. The ceremonies take place on their second story deck, which overlooks Tahoe. This area provides you with an amazing backdrop as you tie the knot. Your cocktail hour can also take place up on the deck or in the back by the reception tent. Near the back of the property is the reception tent and that’s where your dinner, dancing and event will take place. Just across the street from The Landing is Lakeside Beach. You’ll have access to this beach at any point during your wedding day to take photos at. This is a must for those classic sunset Tahoe wedding photos.
4104 Lakeshore Blvd, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150.
Ritz Carlton Lake Tahoe
- Ritz Carlton Lake Tahoe is located high above Truckee California on the slopes of Northstar Ski Resort. This elegant hotel and wedding venue is a must see for couple’s getting married in the north Tahoe area. They have two outdoor ceremony locations on site. One ceremony site is nestled in the woods, while the other is out in a mountain meadow. All their receptions and dinners are held in the hotel ballrooms. The Ritz is also able to hold weddings and events year around.
13031 Ritz Carlton Highlands Ct, Truckee, CA 961621.
- Vahalla Tahoe is located in South Lake Tahoe on the historical Tallac site. This wedding venue is situated in a tall pine tree forest that runs up to the beaches and water front of the Camp Richardson area of Tahoe. Wedding ceremonies take place in the Vahalla Grand Hall, which is an old historical dance hall. Your reception events and dancing will also take place in the grand hall. While your cocktail hour can be held outside amongst the tall pine trees and manicured lawn. Vahalla Tahoe is one of the few venues that is located right on the shores of Lake Tahoe. Having the access to their waterfront beach and public pier will give you great opportunities for wedding pictures.
1 Valhalla Rd, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150.
North Tahoe Event Center
- North Tahoe Event Center is located on the sandy shores of Lake Tahoe in the town of Kings Beach California. The event center is located in the center of town and just a stones throw from the water. Your ceremony will take place right behind the building on a patio that ends right on a sandy Tahoe beach. You’ll have Tahoe as your backdrop while you tie the knot. After the ceremony you’ll have access to the beach and patio for your wedding photos. Just down the beach is the public pier, which is always a win for sunset portraits. Once you’re ready to eat and dance the night away, you’ll enter the event center building. The nice thing about having this ballroom as your reception area is you’ll always be able to beat the weather if it’s too hot or cold outside. If you’re looking for a beach wedding venue in North Lake Tahoe please check out this wedding venue.
8318 N Lake Blvd, Kings Beach, CA 96143.
Lakeside Beach Weddings
- Weddings at Lakeside Beach is located in South Lake Tahoe right on the California and Nevada border. This location only host wedding ceremonies, but is one of the very few wedding venues that is located right on the waters edge. They do offer packages to near by hotels that can accommodate wedding dinners and receptions. Lakeside beach is located right on a sandy beach that meets up to the shoreline. The location is surrounded by tall pine trees and has a manicured lawn that runs right up to the beach ceremony site. They offer many time slots for ceremonies through out the day for couples to pick from.
Gar Woods Grill & Pier
- Gar Woods Grill and Pier is located right on the water front of north Tahoe in Carnelian Bay. Right next to Gar Woods is where your ceremony will take place. This site is a huge grassy lawn that is right next to the shore line and gives you unobstructed views of Tahoe. They also have their own private pier for you to use for your wedding pictures. Receptions and dinners take place on the second story of this restaurant. Once your up in the reception room you’ll have a amazing views of Tahoe and Carnelian Bay.
5000 N Lake Blvd, Carnelian Bay, CA 96140.
The Ridge Tahoe
- The Ridge Tahoe Resort is located in South Lake Tahoe at the top of Kingsbury grade right next the Heavenly Ski Resort Nevada side day lodge. The Ridge is one big timeshare and hotel area, so they’ll be plenty of rooms for your guest and you to stay in during your wedding events. They have an outdoor and indoor ceremony location, so there able to host weddings year around. The outdoor ceremony site is located right of the ridge of the mountain top with stunning views of the surrounding mountains and the Washoe Valley below. The indoor ceremony location is located in the reception area of the lodge. The reception site is located in the main hotels lodge area. They have one huge ballroom area where your dinner and dancing will take place at.
400 Ridge Club Dr, Stateline, NV 89449.
Heavenly Ski Resort
- Heavenly Ski Resort is located on the south shore of Lake Tahoe. The main lodge and tram is located on the California side of the ski area. Most all weddings will take place up the mountain at the Lakeview Lodge. The fun part about getting to this wedding venue is taking the one mile ride up the aerial tram to the ceremony and reception site. Once your at the lodge you have the most amazing views of all of Tahoe and the south shore. The ceremony site it located right at the edge of the mountain top before it rolls over into a ski run. This location gives you one of the best ceremony views of all the Tahoe wedding venues. Your reception and party will take place just steps away in the Lakeview Lodge. At the end of the night you’ll be able to enjoy that tram ride back down to the bottom of the mountain.
3860 Saddle Rd, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150.