West Shore Cafe Wedding Photographer
The West Shore Cafe and Inn is one of a few Lake Tahoe wedding venues that is located right on the waters edge with lake and beach access. This venue is located on the west shore of Lake Tahoe in the small and quiet town of Homewood California. This event center is one of the premier wedding locations in all of the Tahoe basin and the Northern Sierras. In fact it’s one of the top wedding venues in Northern California. Who can blame all these couples that want to get married here. Once you see this ideal location you will know why it’s such popular place to tie the knot at.
With the West Shore Cafe also being an inn you and some of your guest can stay at the the venue before, during and after your big day. This is such a huge bonus for couples. By having everything in all one place on your wedding day creates such less stress for everyone involved. The rooms are big enough to handle a good amount of people getting ready all at once. This is one of the biggest things I recommend to couples is to try and have everything for your wedding day in one location. With it being lakeside you’ll have some amazing lake views looking out the windows of your hotel room as you getting ready for your special day.
The West Shore Cafe has many locations for your ceremony and reception to take place at. For larger ceremonies the West Shore Lakefront Lawn is where you’ll be married at. The edge of the lawn runs right up to the shore line of the lake. This location has a lake and forest feel with the huge pine and aspen trees located around the lawn and those amazing views from ceremony chairs or anywhere on the lawn. Depending on the time of year and how big your wedding is you can host your cocktail hour, reception and dinner on the Lakefront Lawn. The max capacity for this area is 250 guest.
For smaller nuptials you’ll be able hold your ceremony on the West Shore Lakefront Pier, which jets out over the lake. Most couple’s just dream of getting married on the shore line of Lake Tahoe, but with their private pier you’ll be able to tie the knot over that crystal clear blue Tahoe water. There’s not too many piers that are large enough and wide enough to hold a ceremony, but the Cafe’s pier is definitely large enough for your wedding ceremony. The guest capacity for this area is 100 people. If your reception is small enough you can also host your dinner out over the water on the pier.
For larger receptions and dinners your event will take place on the West Shore Lakefront Deck and Pier, which can hold up to 250 guest max. The Lakefront Deck can hold up 150 guest max, while the pier will hold up to 100 guest. You’ll also be able to enjoy your cocktail hour out on the deck and pier. Lastly before moving the open dace part of the night indoors, you’ll be able to have your first dance on the Lakefront Deck along with the father daughter and mother son dances.
Lastly your reception can also take place in the West Shore Lakefront Dinning Room. This is a great location for those cold Tahoe days or even those hot summer afternoons. The dinning room has huge floor to ceiling windows so you can still enjoy those stunning Lake Tahoe views from the indoors. This will also be the location for the open dancing and party part of the night. Once your dinner and reception events rap up for the evening you’ll be heading to the dinning room for the rest of the night. The Lakefront Dinning Room is also the location for winter wedding ceremonies or if the weather turns bad on your special day. The guest capacity for the dinning room area is 150 people.
If you do decide to tie the knot during the snowy winter and early spring months you’ll be just across the street from the ski slopes. Homewood Ski Resort is just a snowball through away for the inn, which is prefect for getting some ski runs in before your wedding day.
Here are my top three reason you should consider hosting your wedding festivities at West Shore Cafe and Inn.
- My number one reason is location, location, location. Did I mention location? No really usually the one top deciding factors that goes into picking a wedding besides the cost of the venue is location and this place has it all. When people think of getting married in Tahoe they picture themselves reciting their vows right next to the waters edge, which the West Shore has. There are actually very few water front wedding venues in all of Lake Tahoe and this happens to be one of those locations. The other bonus is that it’s a private lake front location. So no worries here about tourists or other strangers wondering into your wedding.
- The second reason is the all in exclusivity of this venue. When you have a location where you can stay the night at, get ready at, and have all your wedding events in one place you should try and book it. By having everything you need in one location it makes your wedding planning and your wedding day run so much smoother and enjoyable. Anytime I get to photograph a wedding at a venue like this it makes my job and day run so much more smother and I end up having to do less problem solving and planning.
- The third and final reason to tie the knot here is the services and customer relationship. This wedding venue is a top notch run business and has excellent customer services with all their clients. The inn rooms and grounds are kept up year around and are always looking immaculate. The food, catering and service here are always over the top and will make you wanting to have one more bite of your meal.
With so many wedding venues to pick from in the greater Lake Tahoe area it’s a no brainier why this wedding venue is a top pick for couples getting married at in the surrounding area. From the top notch staff, the water front location and the stunning venue grounds. I could go on about all the wonderful things they have to offer, but instead you should just visit the cafe and see for yourself.
Here’s a top list of details and services that the West Shore Cafe offers for weddings and events.
- Dressing room.
- Outdoor event space.
- Indoor event space.
- Covered outdoor spaces.
- On-site accommodations.
- Pre wedding coordination.
- Guest Capacity up to 250.
- In house food and catering, with service staff.
- China, flatware and stemware.
- Bar and drinks.
- Bartender services.
- Outdoor water front ceremony locations.
- Indoor wedding ceremony location.
- Handicap accessible.
- Offering of cake and dessert services.
- Transportation and shuttle services.
- Outdoor tent service.
- Private parking lot for event guest.